The Word Way is dedicated to helping people read the entire Holy Bible and apply what is read to their everyday life.
We believe this is most easily accomplished when the Bible being used is easy to read, accurately translated, and contains notes to help make Scripture relevant to life situations. We have found the New Living Translation (NLT) Life Application Bible meets these guidelines. If you do not already have a Bible that you prefer using, we encourage you to try the NLT Life Application Bible. See the FAQ for more information on this translation.
Who We Are
The Word Way is a Christ-centered, Bible-believing ministry.
The Word Way is not affiliated with any one church or denomination. Our desire is to minister to all people who seek to know God better.
The Word Way was formed from an Internet Bible Reading Group that began among a few friends in July 2006. This first group was organized by Arlina Yates after she completed reading through the New Living Translation Life Application Bible. Reading this Bible—and the notes contained in it—changed Arlina's life so much that she wanted to share it with others.
The first group began with the same Bible Reading Schedule still in use today and included Weekly Thoughts written by Arlina Yates and based on the chapters read each week.
The original Bible Study expanded to seven Internet groups with hundreds of members throughout the United States. These groups were formed through friends asking friends, through church leaders, and through leaders of groups providing services to others.
As the groups grew larger, it was decided that future groups would be better served through a website. Since 2006, many people have joined in the Word Way journey of reading through the Bible and have found help and hope for their lives. We pray that you, too, will join them on your own journey through God's words to you.
What We Believe about the Bible
We believe that the Holy Bible is God speaking to all people and that His words have the power to change lives everywhere at any time.
We believe that God wants all people to be in a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ and that the Bible tells of God's relationship with us and our relationship to Him.
We believe that God wants to be known by us through the Holy Spirit and that we can know God better by studying the Bible and allowing its wisdom, guidance, hope, and comfort to influence and shape our lives.
We believe what God says in the Bible about His words:
- They are forever: “Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever” (Matthew 24:35).
- They are living and powerful: “For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires” (Hebrews 4:12).
- They are worthy of our attention: “Search the book of the Lord, and see what he will do” (Isaiah 34:16).
- They guide us: “Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path” (Psalm 119:105).
- They give us hope: “I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word” (Psalm 130:5).
- They can bring us great joy: “Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty” (Jeremiah 15:16).